Offical Nebraska Government Website

Default in Payment Unsatisfied Judgment Suspensions



If you entered into a written Installment Agreement to reinstate a suspension for an Unsatisfied Judgment and you fail to make the required payments – you will be suspended upon receipt of a written notice of default.


Reinstatement Requirements:

1. Provide Proof of Satisfaction of Judgment, which you have had “filed” with the court of jurisdiction and you have had “certified” by the court of jurisdiction (some courts have a small fee for certification). Satisfaction can be in the form of a Release Form for Property Damage/Injury (which would include all damages and/or injuries incurred in the accident) or an Installment Agreement Form showing you are making payments (to include all damages and/or injuries incurred in the accident)

If the judgment rendered against you is dormant (a judgment becomes dormant five [5] years from the date of the last execution in the court), you can submit an Affidavit of Dormancy.

2. File proof of future financial responsibility. This is normally provided in the form of a SR-22 Certificate of Insurance.

3. Pay a $50.00 reinstatement fee. Payment must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Department of Motor Vehicles or online with MasterCard, Visa or Discover. When submitting payment, include identifying information (i.e. name, date of birth, license or social security number and current mailing address). Payment submitted by personal or business checks or not for the required amount will be returned.



If the proof of satisfaction of judgment (i.e. release, agreement, etc.) indicates you made arrangements for restitution prior to the effective date of suspension, the SR-22 Certificate of Insurance and the reinstatement fee will not be required.