Offical Nebraska Government Website

Did you Know?

That there are 2,339,986 vehicles registered in Nebraska.

Farm Truck-Tractor/Semi-Trailer Permit

Farm Truck-Tractor/Semi-Trailer Permits are issued for truck-tractor and semi-trailer combinations belonging to farmers or ranchers that are used:

  • Wholly and exclusively to carry their own supplies, farm equipment and household goods to or from the owner's farm or ranch;
  • To carry the farmer or ranchers own agricultural products, livestock and produce to or from storage or market.

The permit is obtained from the County Treasurer in the farmer or rancher's county of residence. All taxes must be paid prior to the issuance of the permit.

It is valid for thirty (30) days and must be carried in the cab of the vehicle.

The fee for a Farm Truck-Tractor/Semi-Trailer Permit is equivalent to one twelfth (1/12) of the regular commercial registration fee. The commercial registration fee is determined by the gross vehicle weight. The fee cannot be less than twenty-five dollars. ($25.00)

Please contact the appropriate County Treasurer for information regarding acceptable methods of payment. Refer to the County Officials Listing for a complete list of County Treasurers and contact information.

Questions regarding Farm Truck-Tractor/Semi-Trailer Permits may be addressed to E-Mail or by contacting this office at (402) 471-3918.


This page last revised 9/14/2009.