Offical Nebraska Government Website

Carnival Permit

Carnival Permits are issued to non-resident carnival operators for trucks and truck-tractor combinations. The permit allows the holder to operate in Nebraska for a period of thirty (30) days, provided the operator's resident state grants Nebraska carnival operators the same reciprocity.

Permits must be obtained from the County Treasurer in the county in which operator will do business. Before the permit can be issued, the operators must show proof of a legal title or registration in their home state.

Fees are as follows:

  • 16,000 lbs or less $10.00
  • 16,001 to 28,000 lbs $15.00
  • 28,001 to 40,000 lbs $20.00
  • 40,001 to 73,280 lbs $25.00

Please contact the appropriate County Treasurer for information regarding acceptable methods of payment. Refer to the County Officials Listings for a complete list of County Treasurers and contact information.

Questions regarding Carnival Permits may be addressed to E-Mail or by contacting this office at (402) 471-3918.


This page last revised 9/14/2009.