Offical Nebraska Government Website
Why wait in line when you can go ONLINE!
black padding bar

Did you Know?

That there are 2,339,986 vehicles registered in Nebraska.


Subscribe Now!

March 31, 2015

July 18, 2014

April 29, 2014

October 23, 2013

January 1, 2012

  • Beginning January 1, 2012, vehicles powered by an alternative fuel (electricity, solar power, and another other source of energy used to power a motor vehicle that is not addressed in the motor fuel laws) will be assessed a fee of $75.00. This alternative fuel fee will be assessed at the time the vehicle is first registered and again each time the registration is renewed.

August 27, 2011

  • Changes to the Handicap Parking Permit Program as a result of passage of LB 163 Memorandum.
    The Handicapped Parking Permit page on this website has also been updated to reflect these changes Handicapped Parking Permits - UPDATED PAGE

February 23, 2011

January 1, 2011

  • An owner of a vehicle may provide for the transfer of ownership (TOD) of the vehicle upon his/her death (or death of the last owner if more than one owner) by designating a beneficiary(ies) on the Application for Certificate of title.
  • All minitrucks may be titled. A minitruck must be title if the owner is planning to register the vehicle for operation on the public roads. - NEW PAGE!

November 1, 2010

  • Prior to November 1, 2010, the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and your local county treasurer used an over-the-counter title issuing process that included the delivery of a certificate of title to an existing lienholder.
  • Effective November 1, 2010, Nebraska’s Electronic Lien and Title system provides for the electronic storage of title data in all cases where a lienholder exists. Upon the issuance of a certificate of title with a lien notation the owner of the vehicle will now receive a receipt and the certificate of title data will be stored electronically in the DMV database. – NEW PAGE!

September 16, 2009

July 14, 2008

(Effective July 18, 2008)

  • Every owner of a Mobile/Manufactured Home is required to obtain a Nebraska Certificate of Title prior to affixing the home to real estate. If a mobile/manufactured home has been affixed to real estate and a Nebraska Certificate of Title was not issued before it was affixed, the owner must apply for and be issued a Certificate of Title at any time for the sole purpose of surrendering the title for cancellation. - UPDATED PAGE!

(Effective July 1, 2008)

  • Liens: The owner of a motorboat or vehicle may present a valid out-of-state Certificate of Title, issued in the same name(s) with a notation of lien for transfer to a Nebraska Certificate of Title with the same lien noted without the presentation of the lien instrument (security agreement). The $7.00 lien notation fee is still applicable. - UPDATED PAGE!

(Effective March 20, 2008)

June 29, 2006

(Effective July 14, 2006)

Car Clubs – NEW PAGES! :


June 1, 2006

Mobile/Manufactured Homes – Includes: