Offical Nebraska Government Website
Why wait in line when you can go ONLINE!
black padding bar

Did you Know?

That there are 2,339,986 vehicles registered in Nebraska.


A Certificate of Title is required for all types of vehicles driven or moved on the highways and roads of Nebraska, with the following exceptions:

Vehicles owned by non-resident military members if the vehicle is currently titled in another state;

Vehicles owned by non-residents conducting business in this state if the vehicle is titled in another state (and registering as a non-resident);

ATVís sold new prior to January 1, 2004;

UTV's sold new prior to January 1, 2011;

Minibikes sold new prior to January 1, 2004;

Mopeds (with pedals);


Off-road designed vehicles (including Electric Personal Assistive Devices);

Road and general construction maintenance equipment not designed or primarily used for the transportation of persons or property;

Trailers with a gross weight, including load, of 9000 pounds or less (utility trailers);

Trailers used exclusively by farmers or ranchers to haul their own product from ranch storage or market;


For information regarding motorboat exemptions, refer to Motorboats Exempt From Titling.

Questions regarding Motor Vehicles Exempt From Titling may be addressed to E-Mail.

or by contacting this office at (402) 471-3918.


This page last revised 8/14/2012.