An autocycle is defined as any vehicle:
- having a seat that does not require the operator to straddle or sit astride it;
- designed to travel on three wheels in contact with the ground;
- in which the operator and passenger ride either side by side or in tandem in a seating
area that is completely enclosed with a removable or fixed top and is equipped with
manufacturer-installed air bags, a manufacturer-installed roll cage, and for each occupant
a manufacturer-installed three-point safety belt system;
- having antilock brakes; and
- designed to be controlled with a steering wheel and pedals;
A Certificate of Title is required prior to registration for all autocycles that will be operated at any
time on public roads.
Application for title is submitted to the County Treasurer Motor
Vehicle Office where you reside and must be obtained within thirty (30) days of purchase.
Proper evidence of ownership is one of the following:
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO);
- Certificate of title – properly assigned;
- Vehicle’s last registration and a bill of sale if previous state was not a title issuing state;
- Vehicle’s registered by the U.S. Military: U.S. Military Registration Document;
- Vehicle’s sold by the U.S. Government: U.S. Department of State Certificate of Title
see appendix page A-32 for an example);
- Vehicle’s registered in a foreign country: a current Registration Certificate and/or a Bill
of Sale, foreign country ownership documents and import papers (for information regarding imported
vehicles, please refer to: Motor Vehicles Imported from Foreign Countries);
- Court Order;
All of the following documents:
If your vehicle is an ATV, minibike or UTV, please refer to ATV, Minibikes and UTVs.
For information regarding motor vehicles, please refer to Motor Vehicles.
For information regarding motorcycles, please refer to Motorcycles.
Questions regarding Autocycles may be addressed to E-Mail or by contacting this office at 402.471.3918.
This page last revised 9/24/2015