Offical Nebraska Government Website
Why wait in line when you can go ONLINE!
black padding bar

Did you Know?

That there are 2,339,986 vehicles registered in Nebraska.

Abandoned Mobile Homes


Once it has been established by a local government unit that a mobile home has been abandoned, and after specific guidelines for owner notification have been met, a Certificate of Title is issued with the brand “Abandoned” noted in the Previous Title Number position. The local county official issues abandoned titles to the local government unit under whose jurisdiction the mobile home was abandoned.

A mobile home may be considered abandoned by a local governmental unit if

  • left in place on private property for more than thirty (30) days after a local government unit, pursuant to an ordinance or resolution, has sent a certified letter to each of the last registered owners and posted a notice on the mobile home stating that the mobile home is subject to sale or action or vesting of title.

For purposes of the abandoned title process, mobile home is defined as:

  • a moveable or portable dwelling constructed to be towed on its own chasis, connected to utilities, and designed with or without permanent foundation for year-around living. It may consist of one or more units that can be telescoped when towed and expanded later for additional capacity, or of two more units, separately towable but designed to be joined into one integral unit; or,
  • a structure, transportable in one or more sections, which in the traveling mode is eight (8) body feet or more in width or forty (40) body feet or more in length, or when erected on site is designed to be used as a dwelling with or without a permanent foundation when connected to the required utilities and includes the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical systems contained in the structure, except that maufactured homes includes any structure that meets all of the rquirements of this subdivision other than the size requirements and with respect to which the manufacturer voluntarily files a certification required by the United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development and complies with the standards established under the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974, as such act existed on September 1, 2001, 42 U.S.C. 5401 et seq.; and,
  • does not include a mobile home or manufactured home for which an affidavit of affixture has been recorded.

After the abandoned title has been issued, the local governmental unit is charged with final disposition of the mobile home.

If a mobile homes has been left after storage or repair work has been completed, refer to Storage-Repair Lien procedures.

If you would like information regarding a motor vehicle that has been abandoned, refer to Abandoned – Motor Vehicles.

If you would like information regarding a motorboat that has been abandoned, refer to Abandoned – Motorboats.

If you would like information regarding an ATV or Minibike that has been abandoned, refer to Abandoned – ATVs and Minibikes.

Questions regarding Abandoned Mobile Homes may be addressed to Email or by contacting this office at (402) 471-3918.


This page last revised 7/18/2014