Offical Nebraska Government Website

Did you Know?

That there are 2,339,986 vehicles registered in Nebraska.


Ex-Prisoner of War License Plates are available to any person who was discharged or otherwise separated with a characterization of honorable or who is currently serving in the United States Armed Forces, and was captured and incarcerated by an enemy of the United States during a period of conflict with that enemy.

Ex-Prisoner of War License Plates are issued in lieu of regular plates and may be placed on motor vehicles, motorcycles, trailers, semitrailers and cabin trailers.

Applicants must have a Nebraska Certificate of Title issued in their name, or in the event the vehicle is leased or non-resident military, the name of the applicant must appear on the registration of the vehicle.

Once the application has been processed, the applicant will receive notification from the Department of Motor Vehicles advising them of the date their plate will be available at their County Treasurer's office to be registered to their vehicle.

All appropriate registration fees and taxes apply and must be paid to the County Treasurer in the county where the vehicle is registered.

Ex-Prisoner of War License Plates do not allow the registered owner to park in spaces designated for handicapped parking.

Parking in a space designated for handicapped parking requires Handicapped License Plates or a Handicapped Parking Permit .

A completed application should be submitted to:

Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles
Driver and Vehicle Records Division
PO Box 94789
Lincoln, NE 68509-4789

Download Ex-Prisoner of War Plate Application *

(* Adobe Acrobat PDF document.)


Questions regarding Ex-Prisoner of War Plates may be addressed to Email or by contacting this office at (402) 471-3918.


This page last revised 9/1/2015