Offical Nebraska Government Website

Out-of-State Leased of Lien Held Titles

If the title for any or all of your vehicles is currently being held by a lienholder, or the vehicle is leased, you will need to request that your designated county Motor Vehicle office contact your lienholder or the leasing company and request the title be forwarded to their office for conversion to a Nebraska title. The Nebraska title will then be returned to the leasing company or, in the case of a lien, it will remain on the Department of Motor Vehicles system in an electronic format until such time as the lien is satisfied.